Thursday, May 10, 2007

Wikipedia Edit: Red Hot Chili Peppers (#3)


Let me preface this with letting you all know that this is the fourth day in a row I have been in the library for more than 8 hours. I'm pretty burnt out, and I've probably drank my body weight in coffee and other caffeine related products......and as for the picture: these are the biggest chili pepper fans I know.


I made yet another enthralling edit for the Chili Peppers' wikipedia article. I added a little factoid that only a true fan would know (I have tons, believe me). Don't worry audience, maybe one day, if you live a righteous life and all the stars are aligned, you will be able to understand and embrace the beauty in having a favorite band and yearning to known even the most insignificant details about that band and its members (including but not limited to: girlfriends, hobbies, favorite foods, pets, drug habits, etc.). While outsiders might consider this subtle knowledge meaningless, neurotic, or simply disturbing, you'll just smile because you know that some people will just never be lucky enough to "get it." "It" being that intangible quality of music that transcends all concepts of logic and reality. I'm talking about a truly personal sense of enlightment. An overwhelming feeling that occurs when the sounds intersect your thoughts and emotions with grandiose precision. This divine coalescencese yields a poignancy thats so intense and so honest, and so relevant that it hurls you into a state of semiconscious euphoria. All you can do is thank the artist for catalyzing this profound experience.


Almost 400 years ago, Newton thought he had it all figured out with his laws of gravity, inertia, and momentum (nonsense, I say). Isaac, my man, I pose one question to you. How could you possibly pretend to have even the slightest grip on the universe if you never listened to the album, Californication (...more specifically the song, "Parallel Universe" live at Slane Castle)? Don't put too much thought into it, I don't want you to hurt yourself. The point I'm trying to make here, in a really abstract, obscure way, is that certain bands, certain music does more than just move molecules of air and tickle your ear drums. For some, the music can become a spiritual journey. True fans that experience it on that level seek to understand it and where it came from better by learning more about those who created it. You see what I'm saying...

Anyway, I added a small fact about the meaning of word "Dani," that is found in the lyrics of numerous Chili Pepper songs. It may be pointless to some, but it's fun and interesting to know if your a hardcore fan and want to truly appreciate and comprehend the band on a deeper level.

Check the edit at: Stadium Arcadium to Present

No comments: