Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Wikipedia Edit: NY Giants (#3)


I recently made another edit, one that I particularly enjoyed, to the NY Giants' wikipedia article. As opposed to adding new content, I decided to give those brash wiki-editor hotshots a taste of their own medicine. I deleted content that I felt was extraneous, added no value to the article, and was not properly cited. I took great pleasure in deleting, "Though technically not a nickname, one may stress the ''football'' when saying the team's full name, as in New York ''Football'' Giants," from the introduction section of the article and hopefully from worldly existence. That might possibly be the most useless comment in this history of wikipedia. "Technically," one may stress any aspect of the team's full name. The comment was only original in the fact that there's never been anything that unoriginal before. It provides no insight, and everyone that read that article is now slightly stupidier, "I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul,"(Billy Madison Quote). This editor is more inept than the NY Giants' front office.

Moving right along, I'm glad to see wide receiver, Plaxico Burress, back in New Jersey and working with Eli Manning (who we all know could surely use the extra practice). The extra repititions will surely help them get the on the same page and improve their timing. Nonetheless, I do find it puzzling how Eli Manning still consistently seems to miss Burress with passes, considering the man has the wing span of a small commuter plane.

No comments: