Sunday, March 18, 2007

VALS Survey Results

The first thing I will say is that this was a rather interesting survey. The questions seemed somewhat repetitive and some were tough to truly answer honestly. I found myself slightly biased throughout the survey process, selecting answers that I wanted to believe best represented my personality as opposed to the most appropriate ones. Regardless, I feel the test can be a very useful tool for a savvy marketer. I feel that segmentation on the basis of personality traits is the most relevant and appropriate form of analyzing and assessing market potential. Demographic factors are important, but from a marketing prospective, understanding what goes on in the customers' head is more significant than how much income they make on a yearly basis. With that said, the results of my survey were as follows: Primary VALS type was Innovator and Secondary VALS type was Experiencer. I feel this is definitely accurate and would be useful in assessing my personal purchasing inclinations. I do believe I take an innovative approach to life; I like to take charge and find new ways to accomplish tasks and spur change and growth. I also typically seek new experiences and enjoy meeting new, interesting people. Lastly, though I don't really understand why they included so many questions regarding how I dress, I do have an exquisite fashion sense (I'm quite stylish) and therefore my survey results, by definition, must be legitimate.

Here is a link to the results, in case you didn't believe me: VALS Survey Results

No comments: