Sunday, March 18, 2007

Comments on Scobleizer's Blog: "PR people don't use real phones"


There is really nothing to special about this article, but it did catch my attention because of its personal relevance. I found it funny how she doesn't respond to her voice mails since I am also notorious for this this behavior. I take a lot of flack for not listening to my messages, but I really feel they're a waste of time. I missed your call, fair enough (I'm a busy guy), but I'll call you back as soon as I get a chance, I promise. What is the point of sorting through 12 old messages just so I can hear someone tell me, "Just sayin' what's up, gimme a call back when you get a chance." OK, I'm being sarcastic again. I do understand the importance of having a voicemail system, but I just wish there was someway to prioritize the messages or some mechanism that allows one to selectively sort through messages (a la the new iPhone, which I'm very excited about). But back to the article... Mrs. Scobleizer talks about an interesting program called "Clear Context", which sorts and prioritizes your emails. My email is overcrowded with annoying SPAM and meaningless messages that make for a very unorganized and confusing inbox. I do my best to clean and sort it on a regular basis, but my efforts seem to be in vain in light of the overwhelming volume of garbage messages I receive. I would love to get my hands on this program so that I can have a more efficient and functional messaging system, allowing for a seamless exchange of information between myself and my highest priority messagers. The Internet is so useful because it's so quick, but this advantage is clearly nullified if the information being sent is lost under mountains of meaningless data.

The article can be found at: PR people don't use real phones

No comments: